Saturday, July 28, 2012

Squeaky Clean House

For anyone who has ever struggled with keeping a balance between keeping all the nooks and crannies organized and still having time for life.  I have been tweaking  this thing for months and have found a pretty decent solution to keeping order but not over-burdening myself.  If it helps you have some peace and order, feel free to download and use it! (Small note: I was not able to attach my pretty original, so it doesn't look nearly as awesome as it actually is, but you can copy and paste everything and make it pretty yourself!  It all fits on one page with a little shifting around.  I print it off and slip it into a hard plastic sheet protector that hangs on my fridge.)

Here are the things that make it work for me:

1. I don't plan every day's schedule out, so I separated each chore day into groups of similar chores.  There are five categories, and based on the amount of other things going on in the day, I try to choose the chore load that best compliments that (i.e. if I have a bunch of out-of-the-house shopping to do, I choose a light chore day).

2. I found that I needed to do laundry as a separate thing , and do a load each day.

3. The "A" and "B" lists are what make the amount of daily chores doable.  There are things I need to do weekly, but things that can be alternated.

4. There are only five days worth of daily chores.  If I miss a few during the week, I do those on Saturday if they really need to be done.  I am a firm believer in taking a break to relax on the weekends, especially Sunday!

5. On those tough days when I feel like forgetting about the whole thing, I see the verse from 1 Corinthians, "Let everything you do be done in love".  It reminds me that I'm not just washing dishes or sweeping the floor - I am loving my family through my service to them.


No comments:

Post a Comment